Sunday, April 26, 2009

The big bed swap

S1 had a bad night last night. He went to bed nicely, but had a bit of a freakout about midnight. Long story short, he was extremely restless but after a good dose of teething tablets (he's not teething but these things work great for irritability & restlessness too!!!) he settles in to a good sleep. On my pillow. In my bed.

I figured two can play at this game and headed in to his room for my sleep. He has a really comfy bed so I was ready for a good sleep. What I didn't realise is how horrible the plastic protector on the mattress is. It seems to suck the moisture right out of your body. I now have a massive alcohol-free hangover!

I'm glad we did this little bedswap as I now understand why he needs to drink so much in the mornings and why he often wakes up so miserable! I'm off later to get a handful of cheapish mattress protectors to go over the plastic to see if that improves things for him.

Oh and huge kudos for the teething tablets - worked a treat to stop his restless legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment